What is a Tennis Ladder? (see more details page 3-4 )
A tennis ladder is a way for local tennis enthusiasts of all ages and abilities to meet and play matches with other similarly-skilled players at mutually convenient times and locations.
Players are ranked according to their estimated level (beginner, intermediate, competitive) from 1.0 to 10.0 with 0.5 steps. Once ranked, players are allowed to challenge the player with one, two or three ATR ranking above or under them on the ladder. For example, a player ranked 5.0, can challenge a player ranked between 6.5 to 3.5.
How to set up a match? EASY! (see more details page 5)
Step 1: Choose a player to challenge and double-click on his name to open his profile box.
Step 2: Click on "Challenge this player" and fill in the "Set-up a match" fields
==> An email will be automatically sent to the challenged player with these information and your contact details. The challenged player can either accept or deny the challenge. Once accepted THE CHALLENGE IS ON! Ladder Singapore recommends 1 hour match format with tie break at 6 games each. If players have more time, they can play a standard match, first player winning 2 sets.
Step 3: Agree on a place and time for the challenge.
Matches reports: EASY! (see more details page 6)
The winner has to report the match scores directly on the ladder clicking on the pending challenge displayed on its own profile within 7 days.
==> An email will be sent to the defeated player and once the score approved, ranking and points will be automatically updated in the ladder.
More information in the tennis ladder user instruction:
General Rules for the challenges
- Each player can only challenge other players that are maximum 3 ATR rankings below or above his ranking. For example, a player ranked 5.0, can challenge a player ranked between 6.5 to 3.5.
- Tennis court dimensions: The Singapore ladder follows the ITF recommendation of a minimum of 5 metres from the baseline to the back of the court and 3 metres from the double sideline to the side. The players should agree on the tennis courts to play their matches prior to the challenge.
- Tennis courts condition: (surface, lighting…) the players should mention it and agree prior to the challenge.
- Tennis balls: The players should agree on the balls to play the match with. In the event of a disagreement, the match will be played with at least 3 new tennis balls from the player who is hosted.
- Weather condition (Rain…): In case of rain or tennis courts not safe to play on, the players will stop and agree on another date and time to finish their match. If they can not agree, the score will be reported as is and the match result will be considered as a normal match played.
- Match format and time: The players should agree on the match format, the ladder recommends the following match format:
- Player winning the most games in 1 hour or 1 set.
- Advantage at every game
- Tie break at 6 games each
If the match could not be finished due to weather condition or court booked by other players, the players will stop and agree on another date and time to finish their match. If they can not agree, the score will be reported as is and the match result will be considered as a normal match played.
- Each player can challenge the same player a maximum of twice a month.
- Each player has the right to refuse one challenge of one particular player. A refusal to the 2nd one will automatically mean a 6/1 defeat.
- In case a player doesn’t reply after two weeks to a challenge, an email is automatically sent to the challenged player notifying him of his defeat. (Not replying is equivalent to a 6/1 defeat).
- In case a player doesn’t play at least one game within three months, the player will automatically lose 3 points. (except if he is injured, on business trip, and mentions this on his account status).
- In case a player doesn’t win at least two games, per year against same ranked players the player will automatically lose one ranking.
- The winner has an obligation to report the score at most seven days after the match, otherwise the challenge won’t be considered and cancelled
- Three bonus points are added if a player plays 4 matches within a month.
- If the reported score doesn’t match the real game result, administrators may retrace the score.
- In case of intentional false report, the responsible can be taken out of the Ladder.